Lecture on “Compound Inequalities and Political Violence in India” by Neera Chandhoke on Sept. 6
The Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution at Jamia Millia Islamia is going to organize a Public Lecture under the M K Gandhi Chair Lecture Series on “Compound Inequalities and Political Violence in India” by Prof. Neera Chandhoke from the Department of Political Science, University of Delhi.
Prof Neera Chandhoke is a Professor of Political Science at the University of Delhi as also the Director of the Developing Countries Research Centre, University of Delhi.
Her main teaching and research interests are Political Theory, Comparative Politics, and the Politics of Developing Societies with special focus on India. Currently she is directing two projects: ‘Conflict and Institutional Change in India’ in partnership with the London School of Economics and Political Science, and ‘Globalization and the State in India’.
The lecture is scheduled to be held on September 6, 2012 at 3 PM in Tagore Hall, Dayar-e-Mir Taqi Mir, Administrative Block, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Dept. of Pol. Sci. Holds a Lecture on ‘Coalition Politics in India’ by Dr. E. Sridharan
- Dept. of Pol. Sci. Holds a Lecture by Dr. Ajay Gudavarthy on ‘Can we De-stigmatize Reservations in India’
- Lecture on Canada-India Economic Ties by Prof. Clarkson from University of Toronto
- Symposium on 2012 US Elections on Sept. 5 at Dept. Pol. Sci.
- Dept. of Pol. Sci. Organizes a Lecture by Prof. Anuradha Chenoy on “The Three Naratives on Armed Conflicts in India”
About The Author
Jamia Journalemail: editor [at] jamiajournal.com
- abdul haseeb on From Gulistan-e-Ghalib to Gulistan-e-Rumi
- Azad Ali Shah on For Jamia Foodies Batla House has Much to Offer
- Motiulah Taimi on I Miss My Friend Arti
- Athul Biju on Jamia Polytechnic Rolls Back Fee Hike
- mohd faizan on Jamia Polytechnic Students Protest Against Fee Hike