Firstpost.com Writes About Hamidur Rahman’s Fight for Student Democracy at Jamia
Network 18′s popular online news portal Firstpost.com, has published a long lauding article on Hamidur Rahman’s battle with Jamia over his demand for student democracy at Jamia.
The article titled “A 22-year-old rank-holder takes on mighty Jamia University over democracy” dated Aug. 15, talks about Rahman’s activism, legal battle with Jamia, and Jamia’s attempt to harass and malign his good name.
Rahman is quoted to have said:
We are not allowed raise questions. Students who raised their voice have been removed, banned from campus. A fear psychosis has been created on campus. In democratic India, an undemocratic Jamia is being created. Our legal fundamental human rights are being suppressed. That is when I decided I should go to court to restore students union on campus.
Read the article on Firstpost.com here: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/a-22-year-old-rank-holder-takes-on-mighty-jamia-university-over-democracy-418613.html
- EDITORIAL: Why I Believe in Student Democracy
- OPINION: Discussion on Dissent and Democracy in a University That is Opposed to Both
- A Dark Day for Student Democracy: High Court Dismisses Case Against Jamia
- Student Alleges Victimisation Due to RTI Applications, Reports The Hindu
- OPINION: Democracy vs. Democracy
About The Author
Khalid JaleelKhalid Jaleel is the Editor of Jamia Journal, and a PhD student in the Department of Political Science. He can be reached via email at: khalidj [at] jamiajournal.com
- mohd faizan on Jamia Polytechnic Students Protest Against Fee Hike
- Jorge on From Gulistan-e-Ghalib to Gulistan-e-Rumi
- Rahmat Alam on Jamia Polytechnic Students Protest Against Fee Hike
- Naveen K Sharma on Justice and Judgement
- Shafaque Alam on Jamia Polytechnic Students Protest Against Fee Hike